Wednesday, August 24, 2011

How I plan to use KA this new school year.

I'm getting some pressure from outside forces to use KA as a supplement to my curriculum. So I'm looking at using KA for homework. I still like the idea of flipping the classroom so students spend a good deal of time in class working on problems where they can get help from me. Most of my student's parents are more or less lost when trying to help their child with math and students get frustrated if they can't figure out what to do. Trying to look it up in the text has not worked either.

So, I'm going to assign videos from KA and/or ones that I make, for students to watch as homework. I can embed the videos into a Google form where I can have the students answer a few simple questions about the video. Forms makes it easy track this. You can also just see how much time a student spent watching the KA video in the KA software, but it doesn't give you the ability to ask questions or have students respond to the video.

If you haven't used Forms in Google, it's a great way to survey students. It takes the data and throws it into a spreadsheet with a timestamp, name and more or less anything else you need.

3 comments:

  1. Great tip about Google Forms. Really excited to hear about how this all goes.

    Cheers,

    Andrew
    Melbourne, Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you said enbed video into a google form. How is that possible, or what do you mean by this

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, you embed both the video and form into a web page: sites, blog, etc. using the html code. Here's a video of how it's done:

    http://vimeo.com/20356876

    ReplyDelete