Sunday, September 15, 2013

New school year, new ideas for KA

It's been a while since I've posted here because I took a hiatus from using KA last year. However, with the transition to the Common Core and Khan's GREAT improvements in the Dashboard and the exercises, I'm excited about getting my students back into KA.

If you haven't checked it out, spend some time looking at the Coach Resources. There's great ideas and examples from teachers that are using KA in the classrooms. Right now I'm developing a list of exercises I want my Grade 7 and Algebra 1 students to focus on. Once I'm done, I'll post it here.

In the mean time, I've gone through what I consider the "essential standards" for my courses and I've correlated them with the KA. Some of the modules have changed since I made this list so you might have to tweek this list should you want to use it.


No comments:

Post a Comment